This week has seen me finally getting back into the groove of life! It feels so good just to be feeling better. It has been a tough week academically, with my first exam of the year on Friday night. But it is over and it went OK which is more than I expected! The exam meant that I missed my day off with the children but we made up for it over the weekend. My Dad came up to stay for the first time since his triple bypass. It was great to see him looking so well. We even managed to get him doing our childcare as neither of us could get back before 7pm on Friday. We had a great day on Saturday, taking a trip out to the ice cream parlour with my Dad, who nearly did himself an injury swinging on a rope swing! It was really nice just to all spend time together.
So, here is what has made me happy this week:
- A simple pleasure. Sewing spots on my son's nursery uniform for Children in Need. I couldn't find any spotty clothes for a boy so I decided to sew the spots on by myself. It was so nice just to sit down and sew whilst watching TV!
- Watching my children play together. The boy decided he would read some stories to the girl. She just loves doing whatever he does.
- Walks through the woods on a sunny Autumn day. Beautiful colours and fresh air. Lovely.
- Reflections of the tall trees in the still stream in the woods.
- A Monday morning sunrise. This was simply stunning. In fact, looking at the pictures below, they pretty much cover the entire view from our bedroom window.
It would be great if you want to join in with 'What has made me happy' too. Have a think about the little things which have made a difference to your life this week.
To add this badge to your post, copy the html below the picture and paste it into the html of your blog post.
To find out why I started this linky, click here.