We took a trip down the M1 this week to visit relatives in Watford, stopping off for a couple of days in Leicester at my Aunt's. We had a lovely time there. The boy went to the theatre to see The Tiger Who Came to Tea which he loved. We drank and ate exceedingly well before it was time to continue our journey south. We spent New Year's Eve with the inlaws, where I learnt that Jehovah's Witnesses (my MIL) do not celebrate New Year. We managed to see my Dad again and my children misbehaved in restaurants, to the point where I wondered if we will ever take them out again. My daughter can be a force to be reckoned with! Unfortunately we didn't get to see all the family we had hoped to, due to illness. Hopefully we will get to see them all next time. The journey back was pretty painless which made a change. It was so nice to be home again and, whilst I loved the Christmas decorations, it was also very nice to take them all down again and realise we have more space again!
Here we go with what has made me happy this week:
- Seeing family. My son adored seeing his grandparents. We hadn't seen them in nine months and he really misses them. Our daughter didn't remember who they were!
- Taking the Christmas decorations down and realising our house is quite big again! I love Christmas but it did take up a lot of space.
- Clearing out toys. This really needed to be done as both children's birthdays are coming up soon so we needed to clear space for all they had been given for Christmas too!
- Getting back to normality. The boy is back at nursery this week. It gives me some time to get some reading done before I go back to university next week.
- Cold rainy days at the park. It might not be the nicest weather but the whoops and squeals of excitement from the children make it worthwhile.
- My new camera. I treated myself to a second hand digital SLR from Ebay as a post-Christmas present. I can't wait to get out and about to try it.
How about you? What has made you happy, or made a smile spread across your face?
It would be great if you want to join in with 'What has made me happy' too. Have a think about the little things which have made a difference to your life this week.
To add this badge to your post, copy the html below the picture and paste it into the html of your blog post.
To find out why I started this linky, click here.