We went on an adventure this weekend to the Lake District. Just the four of us. We had a really great time and stayed in a Youth Hostel which, I will be honest, I had low expectations of. It was amazing. Absolutely fantastic. I will write a review this week some time but it totally exceeded all my expectations. Just when we thought the snow had gone, it fell from the sky quite dramatically on Friday night. Roughly a foot fell which meant that we were totally snowed in. We made the most of it and made a fabulous snowman. We also saw my Dad this weekend which was really lovely. Both children we so happy to see their Grandad again. It really was so fabulous so spend time together and enjoy our time.
Without further ado, here is what has made me happy this week:
- Yet again, the snow. It really is beautiful. You can see from the second picture just how much fell overnight on the Friday.
- Mmm, chocolate! I made these chocolates to take to my Dad but unfortunately left them at home. They are delicious!
- Chocolate pudding! This was the dessert at the youth hostel. They did seriously good food!
- This tree had fallen down due to the sheer weight of snow. What made me happy in this was that it hadn't hit anything on the way down!
- This snowman. There was so much snow that it only took about five minutes to make. The boy got the carrot from the youth hostel. Unfortunately he didn't look so happy the next morning!
- The stunning scenery in the Lake District. Especially with the snow covering it. Absolutely gorgeous.
It would be great if you want to join in with 'What has made me happy' too. Have a think about the little things which have made a difference to your life this week.
To add this badge to your post, copy the html below the picture and paste it into the html of your blog post.
To find out why I started this linky, click here.