Week 55 - What has made me happy
What a week! After the downer last week and recovering from surgery, this week has been absolutely fabulous! The kind of skip-hopping down the road whilst singing a song about birds and sunshine kind of fabulous. The week started normally, except that the sun shone. It really does make such a difference. As the week progressed I saw my son win four out of four races at his sports day. I was so proud! I also managed to achieve second place in the mum's day race at sports day and am already in training for next year! This week I also found out that I am being made redundant, which couldn't come at a better time. I am on a career break at the moment and this will enable me to afford to stay at university next year. We might also be able to upgrade our kitchen! Before I run away with myself, here is what has made me happy this week:
- Sunshine! It makes everything look better. This beautiful flower looked great contrasted with the blue sky!
- A very cool train ride across the sea!
- Time with friends. These are my two children and my friend's two children who are the same age. I love their shadows holding hands.
- Amazing views. We stayed in Arnside Youth Hostel this weekend and had a fabulous time. The beautiful old building looks out onto an amazing estuary and the views are stunning.
- Sniggers! We had a lovely meal in a pub called Ye Olde Fighting Cocks. The playground was fantastic and meant the children could all play while we ate our tea.
- Celebrating my husband's birthday. With my oven out of action, I had to buy him a cake. This one tastes amazing!
- Finding my daughter wearing my brand new patent red stilettos. She can walk better in them than I can!
- Our first strawberries! Not sure how many more there are, but these tasted good.
- Swans on Lake Windermere. I had no idea how big they were until they stood up!
- This beautiful train crossing in Grange-on-Sands. I ran across because I am a wimp!
- Passing my exams! I seriously doubted that I had passed, but in fact I passed with a 2:1, surpassing all of my expectations!
- Stunning sunsets. This one turned the estuary golden outside our Youth Hostel! Absolutely breathtaking.
If you would like to join in with 'What has made me happy', it couldn't be simpler. Write a blog post with your reasons and then link up in the widget below. Feel free to also use the badge, but there is no obligation.
To add this badge to your post, copy the html below the picture and paste it into the html of your blog post.
To find out why I started this linky, click here.